Friday, January 2, 2009

Costco

OK, so, the last post I made about Costco was that I had told them that I was not going to be a manager anymore. I had kind of planned on just quitting completely, but I thought I would see if I could get them to approve what I wanted. I really didn't think they would, so I didn't really give it much thought. But I asked if they would allow me to work only one day a week and not on weekends. And they said yes! They even let me extend my leave, without pay, until the beginning of April. So, between now and April, I will work two days, both Saturdays, for inventory (and will only be there a max of 8 hours! Which I haven't done since I have been a manager and that is a breeze!) Then, in April, I will go back for one day a week. And of course there will be sometimes when it will be a Saturday I am sure, but regularly, it should be a week day! Which I am so excited about. It gets me out of the house one day a week and in February I will hit my 6 year anniversary with Costco. It keeps my free executive membership and 2% back, I get my benefits until April, and will have a little extra spending money. Plus, I keep my seniority in case I needed to go back to work if something happened to Rett. I am actually pretty excited about the one day a week thing. I really do love working at Costco, I was just so sick of being away from Crew for 10 hours a day, the weekends all the time, and not being able to do fun things with my family. SO, I am now going to be a very limited part time employee.

1 comment:

Kristol said...

Jem that is wonderful. You will love one day a week and have adult conversations. Good on ya!!