One of my running buddies convinced me to run this half marathon with her. I have to thank my sweet husband for being so willing to help out with the boys while I go on these long, crazy training runs. I know it's annoying that I need to have that much time away from the three of them to keep up with my training. I think it helps me be a better mom and wife though, when I get some me time and get to burn some frustrations off. I had previously told Rett that I would only run one race this year, but since it was right here in Saratoga Springs and my training plan had me running about the same distance that day, and running with someone is SO much easier than running alone, I couldn't pass it up. It was kind of a cold morning for a race, but since I've been doing a lot of my training through the winter at 5AM, it really wasn't bad. And once the sun came up, it really was almost perfect running weather.
Somehow I thought Jen had mentioned that her goal was to get under 2 hours. So, the morning of the race I told her our game plan as far as pace and she laughed at me. She told me that she actually said it would be cool to get under it, but that she didn't really think we could. But, I am always up for a challenge and decided that she needed to get in under her goal time. So, I bullied her the whole race, which she was probably really sick of by the end, but we ended up running it in 1 hour and 59 minutes! YAY! It was very exciting to see her accomplish her goal! And it was probably the race I've had most fun running. It was really fun to get her in under her time goal and to think that I was part of the reason she made it!
Thanks for an awesome run Jen! I had a blast!

4 comments:
You are amazing!!! I admire your go-get-em attitude! It makes me think about running with you in high school. We might of only done it a handful of times outside of sports but it was fun. I'm sure you always felt like you had to bully me to get me going. Maybe someday we'll live close enough together I can get me some of that bullying while running again. I love you and am admire you a lot for your goal setting. --Janae
WOW!! You simply amaze me!! WAY to go!! What an accomplishment!! I am totally impressed!!!!
I never got sick of you!!!! It was by far the funnest time I have had running. Like I said if I would have had the air to laugh I would have...Seriously you were a hoot. The best cheerleader ever too. :)
Congrats on the race. Your boys are so cute and the cakes are amazing! Did you make them? Good luck with the move. You will be missed!
Post a Comment