Monday, May 3, 2010

Boxes

So, we sold our home a little quicker than we thought we would. (That may be bad...did we ask too little?) We were happy with what we made and are excited about a lot of changes that are coming our way!

We were supposed to move to a rental house that would have put us closer to work, but the day before we were going to move in, the owner did some sketchy changing on us, and wanted to increase the rent. We were very frustrated, mostly because I'm pretty sure it was illegal, but since we had to be out of our home in the next few days, I spent all day on KSL and making phone calls and found something for us to move into that weekend! Crazy! It's a little further from work, but it's temporary, and month to month, so that's all we can ask for.

We hadn't even been in our rental for a week when Rett called me while I was on my way to work and said we had an hour to decide whether we wanted to take a job transfer to Idaho. It wasn't exactly the area we'd been looking at going to, but our plan all along was to sell our home so we'd be ready to move to Idaho when we got the job offer. I have thought all along that there had to be a reason that it all worked out so quickly, so we decided to take it!

I am so excited for the changes in our lives. Yes, they are stressful. And I'm pretty sure we are going to live in our house trailer this summer. BUT, what an adventure! And it's a small sacrifice for being able to build your dream home. So, we're heading to Southern Idaho the end of this month. We have found a couple of 5-8 acre lots that we really like out in the country! My cowboys will finally have a place to run around and not bother the neighbors! It's a lot of work to move so much so close together, and the boys are a little confused about all of it. But we are so excited for this next chapter of our lives!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Jen good luck with everything.. I wish you guys the best.. I love Idaho and how fun for you guys do be able to do it all. Things always happens for reasons. IT sounds like it was so ment to be. Hope it come all together for you..

Kristen said...

WOW!!! You are in for an adventure! Congrats, congrats. Life is so crazy sometimes, good luck!

Teisha said...

I'm so excited for you! Sad that you're leaving, but it sounds like that's what you always wanted so good for you! We'll just have to come visit your little "cowboy ranch" when your home is done. Congrats and Good Luck! Let us know if we can help with anything.

Brooklyn said...

That's awesome Jen! Sounds like everything is falling into place. I'm really happy for you and your family. I wish I could have said good-bye in person, but at the same time good-byes are really hard for me. I'm glad I can still keep track of you on your blog. I hope you continue to update it. I always enjoyed talking with you. We will miss having you in our neighborhood but I'm happy your family is getting to live their dreams!

holly said...

I am happy for you, and jealous! Dream house... acres... sounds like heaven to me! Crazy times will lead to many years of joy! We miss you around here! Come visit sometime!!!???

Ashley said...

Jenn,
I am so happy for you and if you need boxes let me know. My Mom can get some!! I hope the move goes well and we miss you so much!

The Redford Family said...

Sounds perfect for you and the boys. I won't ever see you when I visit anymore...but Idaho will be nice and exciting. I am glad things are working out for you. It is a blessing to sell a house right now...you are meant for Idaho! Good Luck and don't have too much fun moving..oh wait you already did it once! You will never want to move again. Miss ya!