Monday, April 12, 2010

Crew Turned 3!





Crew has been begging for new cowboy boots and a straw hat for months now. We kept telling him to wait for his birthday. And it finally came! He was so excited for his new stuff! We actually bought the boots in Oregon, and he was so mad that we wrapped them up and made him wait to wear them! Anyway, he has only taken them off to sleep and loves them!








Crew Loves:
All things cowboy including cowboy hats and boots, bull shirts (any long sleeve button up shirt that has a plaid or striped pattern), horses, bulls, Woody from Toy Story, Lane Frost, Flicka. Dogs. His little brother Drake. Dancing to music. Chocolate Milk. His parents.
Crew Hates:
Getting his hair cut. Stinky smells. When Drake takes his toys. When things don't feel right. Loud noises. People telling him no. Being around strangers. When his Daddy goes to work.
Our Favorite things about Crew:
He knows what he likes, and doesn't let anyone change his mind. He gives great bear hugs. He is super sweet when you are sick and don't feel well. He has the cutest smile ever. He's great at saying please. He is a great little athlete. He has a great imagination. He has the biggest, beautiful, brown eyes.

Sometimes we joke that Crew was so crazy even before he was born, that he kicked so hard, and that's why my water broke. He has been a busy boy since before he was born. And it seems like he just keeps getting busier! He has more energy than any kid I know! I am so grateful for Crew and his little personality. I am grateful for his craziness and zest for life. I love that he teaches me things, especially how to be patient! Rett and I are so grateful for him and how much joy he brings into our little family. We love you Crew!

8 comments:

Amy and Kris said...

I'm assuming you made his cake?!!! It is ADORABLE!!! You are so talented! Crew is just so stinkin' cute in that cowboy hat!

Teisha said...

Love the cake. You are seriously so talented! I'm glad that Crew finally got to wear his new boots and hat. Maybe he'll get a horse for his next Birthday? I love how he is such a cowboy. I heard you sold your home. That's exciting- and overwhelming I'm sure. Good luck with the house hunting!

Mary T. said...

HOLY COW!!! You are so stinkin talented!! I LOVE the cake!!! Looks like Crew had a fabulous birthday!! Hope you guys are doing good!! :)

Janae said...

He's so cute in his hat. I'm glad that I got to experience his great bear hugs this weekend.

Meg said...

Your cake is amazing!! What a cute little guy you have!

Fullmer said...

Happy Birthday Crew!! wow how time flys, I can't believe our boys are three already! look at that cake, you are amazing! So So cute, glad you had a fun trip, see you tonight!

Brooklyn said...

Wow, three! I remember when you were pregnant with him and visiting teaching me! Happy birthday Crew! I love the cake Jen!

Kristen said...

What a fun post! He is so cute. I totally love your cake, you are amazing! I like doing cakes too, but your's look professional :)!