Monday, June 28, 2010

DIRT!!!



Who knew piles of dirt and a big hole in the ground would be so exciting?? Well, it kind of is when you are living out of your camping trailer!! I didn't get a picture of the actual hole, but it's there behid all of those dirt piles! Anyway, they completed the excavation, they are doing the forms today, and pouring the basement/foundation tomorrow!!! YIPPEE! It's just nice to finally get started. The process since we found this land has been really fast, but getting to this point has taken about a month, which is really not that long. I just kept thinking it was a month sooner that we could have been moved into the home. But our builder says 3-4 months so I'm hoping on October at the latest. (He has a nice big home, and I can't live in my trailer during the winter, so I'm going to start threatening that we're moving in with him if it's not done soon enough. Think that will motivate him?) Actually, he's been great. The day after we turned in our application for a septic permit, he was out there with the county guy digging the holes to test for it. And we just closed on the land last week, so he's actually got it moving quickly.

Here are a few pictures of the home plans. I don't think these are the final pictures of the plans, but they are what I had on my FIL's computer. Anyway, it definatley gives you an idea of what we are doing. It's basically the same plan as our Saratoga home, but bigger, a main level laundry, a mud room, a covered patio, and a few other things. And we are hoping that it's what we'll want for a long time. Because we are planning to be there for a long time. It's scary making your plans because we keep thinking, what if we get into it, and we hate something because we designed it poorly. Oh well, I guess we'll just live with it! But hopefully we will love it!






Anyway, I am sure no one is as excited about this as Rett and I, but I'm sure you can agree that it will be nice to be in a home again. And the dirt picture gives a pretty good idea of the view from our new home. The mountains are actually on almost all sides of the view. And it's nice and green right now, so it's pretty. It's a 4.4 acre lot and just a flat field. I LOVE IT! And I'm sure a lot of my future posts for the summer will be of the home building process, so hopefully it's not too boring! I'm so excited for when we can move in. Then Rett's commute will be all of 10 minutes, instead of the hour and fifteen it's taking him now. Which means, more time together as a family.

5 comments:

LassiterFamily said...

Jen it is gorgeous and I am so jealous!!!! I can't wait to see more pics of your land. :)

Amy and Kris said...

How EXCITING Jenn! And your view? WOW! How pretty!

Janae said...

The property is beautiful Jenn. I'm sure you'll love it. Keep us posted.

Pilchers said...

that is super exciting. I know how it is.

Brooklyn said...

Beautiful! I love it!