One of Rett's co-workers recommended a lady that does a pre-school out of her house. I was a little hesitant to put him into it at first, but I think it will be really good for him and for me! Last week we went to a back to school night for Crew's pre-school. And today was his first day. It's only two days a week for two hours. Crew has been very excited about being a big boy like his cousins! Since we are still living at Grandpa's we have to drive a little over an hour to get there. Once we are moved in to the house, it will only be a five minute drive. But, for now, we have a little commute. Of course it poured all day, which made the drive and dropping him off tons of fun! Since we haven't been doing much all summer, and the boys are in the trailer with us, they have gotten a bad schedule of going to sleep late and sleeping in till 8:30 or so. Which is crazy for my kids. They used to be up at 6am. Anyway, so I knew we would need to plan on leaving at 7:30 this morning, which meant waking the boys up at 7. Drake especially does not like to be woken up by someone. And surprisingly, he did great this morning. Crew wanted to wear his pj's to school, but I wouldn't let him. After that fight, he was pretty good and excited about going to school. Although he did say on the way there that it was too far away. Once we got there, he was excited while in the car, and got a tiny bit nervous and quiet when we took him in. But Miss Mindie said he did fine and was her little buddy and would move his chair next to her the whole time. Drake was really mad when I wouldn't let him stay at school with Crew. But we got a lot done in the two hours Crew was there. I think we'll be spending most of our time at the library while he is in school until we get into the house. But that's good time for Drake and I. I know it is silly to take pictures of his first day of school, but he's my first baby, so I had to. When we were in the car he asked me to only take pictures in the car, like he's already embarrassed of his mom or something. But I went ahead and took some at the door and then when he was walking out to the car. And it's a good thing because the ones in the car were way out of focus! There is our big boy Crew! We are so excited for him to learn and make new friends! As well as learn that the world is made up of rules and boundaries and that Mom and Dad aren't just being mean to him:) And we hope he has a fun time! I just can't believe my cute little Crew Boo is already big enough to be in school!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
First Day of Pre-School
One of Rett's co-workers recommended a lady that does a pre-school out of her house. I was a little hesitant to put him into it at first, but I think it will be really good for him and for me! Last week we went to a back to school night for Crew's pre-school. And today was his first day. It's only two days a week for two hours. Crew has been very excited about being a big boy like his cousins! Since we are still living at Grandpa's we have to drive a little over an hour to get there. Once we are moved in to the house, it will only be a five minute drive. But, for now, we have a little commute. Of course it poured all day, which made the drive and dropping him off tons of fun! Since we haven't been doing much all summer, and the boys are in the trailer with us, they have gotten a bad schedule of going to sleep late and sleeping in till 8:30 or so. Which is crazy for my kids. They used to be up at 6am. Anyway, so I knew we would need to plan on leaving at 7:30 this morning, which meant waking the boys up at 7. Drake especially does not like to be woken up by someone. And surprisingly, he did great this morning. Crew wanted to wear his pj's to school, but I wouldn't let him. After that fight, he was pretty good and excited about going to school. Although he did say on the way there that it was too far away. Once we got there, he was excited while in the car, and got a tiny bit nervous and quiet when we took him in. But Miss Mindie said he did fine and was her little buddy and would move his chair next to her the whole time. Drake was really mad when I wouldn't let him stay at school with Crew. But we got a lot done in the two hours Crew was there. I think we'll be spending most of our time at the library while he is in school until we get into the house. But that's good time for Drake and I. I know it is silly to take pictures of his first day of school, but he's my first baby, so I had to. When we were in the car he asked me to only take pictures in the car, like he's already embarrassed of his mom or something. But I went ahead and took some at the door and then when he was walking out to the car. And it's a good thing because the ones in the car were way out of focus! There is our big boy Crew! We are so excited for him to learn and make new friends! As well as learn that the world is made up of rules and boundaries and that Mom and Dad aren't just being mean to him:) And we hope he has a fun time! I just can't believe my cute little Crew Boo is already big enough to be in school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He looks so cute! I can just imagine him telling you to only take pictures in the car.. haha.. Such a character!
It is nice when they get big and are excited for school! IT is so good for them! I hope your house will get done soon so you dont have to drive that for long! Cant wait for pictures of the house!
Such a big boy!! He's such a cutie, we miss him! Glad to hear everything is going well and you're getting along ok. Miss ya!
Post a Comment