So, the exterior of the home is pretty much finished now. It actually looks like a home now! There are a few more things, like the stain for the timbers on the porch and patio, the exterior lights, and how about some driveway and sidewalk. But other than that, pretty much done. We had a hard time with the color of the exterior siding. It was going to be brown, but then the option of brown for the siding blended right in with the window color, and we wanted some contrast. So we went with this sage green color. It's called coastal sage. It's kind of a greyish bluish green. But in the right light is pretty bright green. It's growing on us though. It's funny because the choices can get overwhelming and we make some decisions that I don't know if end up being the best. But like I said, the house is still really pretty, and every time I see it, I like the color more. And I LOVE the rock, I think it's really pretty. The doors are stained now too, but you can't tell because they are covered in the pictures.



The shop is almost done too. Just waiting on the garage doors for it. It kind of behind the house, so you can't see it from the other pictures, but it is there.

There is a ton of trash and stuff laying all around, but I have been told it will all be cleaned up before we move in. The inside is painted as well! I love, love the color we did the bedrooms and bathrooms. And I'll have to get back to you about the rest of the house. The paint swatch was called ancient olive, it was a green color. I saw it for a brief second right after he finished, so it was still wet, and it almost looked mint green, so I am hoping it dries lighter and less bright and that getting the dark flooring and stuff in helps with that. I'll get some pictures of that after we get the flooring in. Which should be tons of fun if anyone is interested in laying 970 square feet of flooring with us!!
3 comments:
Oooohh I love the color of the siding...I totally agree! I can't wait to see pics of the inside too. Thanks for sharing since I'm not sure we'd ever get to Idaho to see it. Bet you can't wait to move in!
LOVE It! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Now we just need to come and visit to see it in real life:). Can't wait to see the inside pictures.
Beautiful house! The rock looks great! I'm excited for you, won't be too long before you are out of your house-trailer.
Post a Comment