Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cowboy Room

I've been such a slacker with the blog since we moved into the new house. We got into the house the first week of November. There was a forecast for a storm the first weekend in the month, so we busted it out and got most of the stuff moved in during the week. We've been unpacking and hanging stuff since then. It is mostly done now, but there are still some things that need done. Anyway, we're loving the new home and are so grateful for it. It's just so nice to have our own space again and to get the boys back to a better routine again. We do live in a very cold place now! It's crazy. And some days the sun just doesn't shine up here, which is lame. But we're hoping that all the other good stuff makes the hard, long winters worth it! And it is so beautiful. We have pheasants that are in our fields most mornings, and we've seen a fox, deer, rabbits, geese and ducks right in our yard. All of us are loving the land and room that we have at the new place. Before it got snowy and so cold, our place was an awful muddy mess. I got my car stuck one day and Rett got a work truck stuck too. For a while I was parking across at a neighbors home and driving the rhino back and forth with the boys, groceries, and whatever we had to get to the house. The mud here is so sticky and I'm sure I'll be cursing it again in the spring. They did finally get our driveway in right before a really big storm, and it seems to be really nice. It's not paved or cemented because it's a pretty long driveway and that would cost a fortune, but it's a lot better than the mud. Rett's already got the four wheeler snow plow going and it's so nice to have it accessible to the garage. All in all, the new home is AMAZING and we are so happy and grateful to be in it.

I've never really been into decorating with a theme, but my boys are so into cowboys and love their dad's old bull riding pictures, buckles, and stuff. So we decided we'd let them have their cowboy bedroom. Or, as they call it, their "bull room". This summer with all my spare time, I made them some matching rag quilts out of random western/cowboy material. They have a buckle case with all Rett's old buckles he won at rodeos. Bampa Kip gave them the puppy with rodeo stuff picture. And we bought the cow hide which I was originally going to use as a rug in their room, but it was so big and didn't really stay put, so we decided to hang it on the wall. They love their bedroom. Which is great. Because Rett and I thought that it would be a hard first month in the new house, with them in their own room because they had been sleeping in the same room with us in the trailer all summer. But they have done GREAT! Crew loves that he's big enough to sleep on the top bunk now, and Drake sleeps great in his bed too. Which is a huge help to mom and dad and getting a good nights rest!


1 comment:

Bree said...

Their room turned out so cute! I love the quilts! And the carpet, wall color and bases all look great together! :-D