Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crew's First Duck Hunt

Last Friday, the last day of the waterfowl season, Rett took Crew out on a little duck hunt. Rett said Crew played around a lot while they were just hanging out, but when he saw ducks flying, he did really good at sitting quietly and still. I know, you probably can't believe it, but he doesn't have any camo to wear. So, he's just in his regular snow pants and coat. While they were out, Rett put one of his snow coats on him, so he was hidden better with the white, but apparently it was just a little too big and bugged Crew. But it's still cute. Crew did pretty good and didn't complain about the cold too much. They got two ducks, a drake mallard and hen. Rett had a little sex ed lesson with Crew to explain that the boys have green heads and the girls are brown. Then they stopped on the way home and Crew got to pick out a treat at the store. He was super excited about it when he got home and had to tell Drake all the details. I'm still not sure if Rett or Crew was more excited. I think it's cute that they both were. Crew was happy to do something with just he and Dad and Rett was excited that Crew was excited. Very good bonding time. This pic is from Rett's phone, so not great, but I was glad he thought to take a picture. I'm glad they are finding things they can both have fun with and it seems like it's just a glimpse of what the future will be like with my boys!

1 comment:

Christian and Mindie said...

I LOVE it when Dads and Sons do stuff together that they so love! It is the cutest. Think you and I will ever have a little girl to do stuff with? I think the closest I'm gonna come is to buy myself a Barbie. Oh well!