I am so grateful to a woman who raised her children so that they would have the strength and testimony to be strong in the gospel. She led a life of service and love. She loved the gospel. She was a beautiful woman inside and out. We will miss her.
Here is a link to one of the obituaries: http://www.newportnewstimes.com/V2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=74&story_id=27188
This picture is from Easter at my mom's house in 2009. I'm sure some of my family wouldn't like this picture, but I love that she's smiling!
This picture was taken in August of 2007. It's baby Crew and his Great Grandma!
I love this picture because it is my Grandma and my cousin Cherie. My cousin also recently passed away. I know they are together. It was taken at the brunch after our wedding in 2002.

I don't know the date of this picture, but what a beautiful woman she was!

We decided to leave our kids home since it was going to be such a long, fast drive. My boys were so excited to stay home with Bampa Kip and Bamma Deb. I think they were spoiled rotten! Thanks Bamma and Bampa for helping us with last weekend. The boys had a ton of fun and it made our trip tons easier. We made the long drive from here to Newport, Oregon for Grandma's funeral. My oldest sister Tiffiny and her husband Brian, my brother Josh, my sister Jolene, and Rett and I drove the minivan. It was a nice funeral where we were reminded of what a wonderful person she is. We left on Friday morning early, early and then left Saturday after the service. We brought home my baby sister Tierra with us. We got home Sunday morning at 7am after driving all night. Rett's a trooper and did most of the driving on the way home. I was glad we were home Sunday because it was our ward conference and I was uplifted by attending it. The group of us who traveled together stayed at my home and Tiff and Bri's kids got a ride up. It was a wild house for a day and a half, but we loved having them here. Sunday evening the boys went to Pocatello to pick up my mom from the airport. It was a lot of traveling, but was so nice to be with family.
Monday morning we had a graveside service for my grandma here in Preston. It was a really neat service. It was a little chilly outside, so after we dedicated the grave we headed over to my stake center for the rest of the service. My favorite thing was that we had each person there tell a little about who they were, how they were related to Grandma or how they knew her, and some shared stories. It was like a little family history lesson. It was so neat. My grandma was born here. She moved back here and had my dad here. She had a little boy who died of luekemia when he was two and he was laid to rest in the Preston cemetery. It's so interesting to me that Rett and I have relocated back to this area. How neat to live in an area where my dad and grandma spent a lot of their childhood. I want to learn more about exact locations of where they lived and other things. My ward was so sweet to take care of a luncheon after for us. They hardly know me, and didn't know my grandma, but they jumped at the mention of needing help. I am so grateful for their efforts. I just got my mom back to Pocatello this morning to fly home. Luckily, I have a wonderful neighbor who took Crew this morning so he could get to preschool today. I got back just in time to pick him up!
I am so grateful for family who I am blessed to know and be a part of. I am so grateful for ward members who give so freely to help others. I am so grateful for parents and grandparents who taught me of the gospel. I am so grateful for my siblings. I cannot express how grateful I am for Rett and my boys. I am so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment