Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Undies, Dirt, & Presents

Beside the obvious underwear on the head, Drake cracks me up. Look at his outfit. He's a cross between three different super heros. And he totally knows it. He has on superman pants, spiderman long sleeve shirt, and batman t-shirt. Then the kid decided to top it all off with Diego undies! I love it, he danced around for a good while like this! So silly! Something else silly about this boy and undies is that he really doesn't like to wear them. I have undies on him, and a while later I notice he doesn't have undies on anymore. With jeans too. I think it seems uncomfortable, but he always ends up taking them off.
Commando boy!

Here's the silly undies boy!


Thursday we had the best day weather wise all year. It was great! Nice and warm. Ok, some of you will make fun of my weather, but in the fifties is feeling pretty warm right now! We had a friend over after pre-school and the three boys spent ALL day playing outside. We have dirt. Lot's of dirt. And they played in it A LOT! There are still a couple of dirt piles for leveling the yard, and they rolled down them, jumped on them, climbed up them, rode stick horses on them, played cowboys on them, and who knows what else. I gave the boys a bath, let the water out, and forgot about it. This is what I saw when I went back in the bathroom. YUCK! That was what was left after the water washed who knows how much dirt down the drain! I called the mom of the boy who was over and apologized because she hadn't picked him up, but I'm sure she was wondering if I let them swim in dirt today. I'm sure she didn't mind, but just wanted to let her know what a good time they had in the dirt. Then Friday we walked to the park with some neighbor kids and we got sunburned! Saturday it snowed again. Crazy weather! It is really cold today. And the rest of the week looks like rain and snow showers. You've got to love the spring time teas of nice weather for a day or two, then back to cold.


This is one of our huge dirt piles. It's been so great, we don't know what they'll do after we get it all leveled out this summer!


And here's the nasty tub!


And we had to do another quick lonely night. Rett was asked to be a safety person for work and had to go to a couple of days of training in Idaho Falls. At first we thought we'd go with him if his hotel was nice and had a pool, but he left one morning and was coming back the next afternoon, so we decided it'd be more hassle than worth the trip. When we were saying goodbye to Rett and giving him hugs and kisses Drake asked if he would get presents this time too! Silly boy! He's going to start thinking that every time Dad comes home he gets presents! We told him no presents this time. He wasn't too disappointed when he didn't get them :)

1 comment:

Janae said...

Being able to play in the dirt in the backyard is something I'm sure my boys miss. The boys just can't resist it. Glad yours are having so much fun