Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kansas City Field Trial Pic

Marcy took this super fun picture of Zink with his ribbon from the Kansas City Field Trial Derby. Zink took third, which is him with the yellow ribbon. Riot in the middle took first, and Libby, Zink's sister took second! Way to go Horsetooth Retriever Dogs!



I also got the privilege of driving out to pick him up yesterday. Rett was going to get him originally but couldn't get off work. I went alone to make the trip easier. It was about a 7 hour drive and I went straight out and back. I left the boys at a neighbors and got home at 2am. But it wasn't a bad trip at all. And we both arrived home safe and sound. Crew woke me up at 7am this morning to ask if his Zinky was home and was super excited to see him! It was really cute. Although I wish I had gotten a little more sleep. Oh well, there's always tonight for that! Drake hasn't woken up this morning yet, but we'll see what his excitement level about having his dog home is. It's funny, because they love Chief, but not like Zink. We decided it must be because they were around when we first got Zink and he was a puppy, so this is their first dog that they have been around from a little thing.

Zink is entered in the Salt Lake City trial this weekend. It was supposed to be small because it's just a Derby and the pro's don't usually want to go to a trial that doesn't have all the events. But it's turning out to have a ton of dogs entered. So we will let you know how it goes! Hopefully well, but Zink hasn't run for Rett at a trial yet, so who knows! Since Rett's been working SO much we're going to send him home with Mark Henry for a couple of weeks or so. That way he can get some good training in and not lose everything that's been put into him while Rett is working crazy hours.

I know some of you think we are absolutely insane! Especially those of you who aren't dog lovers like we are. You have to know how much of a passion this is for Rett though. He LOVES the dogs and the training. And even though some of you think driving for 16 hours to pick up a dog is crazy, I was happy to do it because I know how much it means to Rett. (Ok, so maybe I am a little excited about the brownie points it gave me :) But mostly, I did it because I love my husband and want to do whatever I can to help him out. So, again, I'll say to those of you who think we're crazy, If this is the worst thing I have to put up with in my marriage, than I am pretty lucky! And driving alone for so many hours reminded me of how much I love my family and missed being with them! I'm so blessed to have a wonderful, hardworking, and loving husband, two of the craziest and most fun boys ever, and yes, two very spoiled and hyper black labs that love us just as much or more than we love them!

3 comments:

LassiterFamily said...

Are you coming to SLC with Rett for the trial? Great pic of the dogs :)

LassiterFamily said...

I still have your B-Day present I need to get to you. :)

Janae said...

okay so I have to admit...I might be one that is less interested in the details of the doggies. However...I do know about husbands and their interests. I am grateful for the blessings that good activity and recreation bring into family life. It's important to have the opportunity to do something you enjoy that gives you time to relax and get away from the everyday tasks of providing so that for those moments you are consumed with feeling excitement, joy, and plain old fun! I think it's great that you support Rett so fully!