Monday, May 2, 2011

Wasatch Hunting Retriever Club Field Trial



Well, over the weekend Rett took Zink to Salt Lake to run the Derby in the WHRC Field Trial. We were a little skeptical because he hasn't been with Rett and there were some really good dogs there. However, we were SUPER EXCITED when he pulled off a 1st place! YAY! Rett was stoked. He was like a kid on Christmas. I know I keep saying that, but when you get to see your husband so happy, it just makes your day! I love that he loves this so much. I just can't wait till I get to be there. We decided not to go down because of the bad weather. Sitting in a truck during rain, snow, and cold with the boys just isn't as easy as staying home. So, plenty of trials to come. And the boys and I can't wait to get to them to support Rett and Zink!


Rett and Zink (1st in Derby), Mark Henry and Piper (1st in Qual), Ward Gray and Sadie (3rd in Derby)


The two Derby dogs have been through South of Bellevue Kennels and Mark Henry. Mark took 1st in the Qual with Piper. Mark and Gail were very excited! Rett couldn't even tell me about their excitement without smirking a little. I wish I was there to see all the excitement! Mostly because they are so hilarious and I can only imagine the fun celebration that could have taken place afterward! Way to go SOB Kennels!

This weekend is a trial in Boise. Rett sent Zink with Mark to run it. Mark kept saying "Great, no pressure for next week!". But I know Zink is in very capable hands. And we hope it goes well up there too!

1 comment:

Janae said...

Woohoo! Go Rett and Zink!