Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trying to look like an Indian!

I got out some banner paper the other day so the boys could help decorate a birthday sign for Rett. I left them drawing with markers while I went to vacuum the bedrooms. I found Drake in his bedroom with nothing but undies on with a blue marker drawing all over his chest. I asked what he was doing and he responded "I'm trying to look like an indian". Too cute. Luckily it wasn't permanent marker. But I had to call and tell Bampa Kip, who is somewhat obsessed with Native Americans and American History to tell him that his indian obsession was wearing off on Drake. He said they hadn't even discussed war paint yet. I guess he probably got it from all the westerns Crew insists on watching! I didn't get a picture, but I wanted to remember it, because it made me laugh! Drake is such a smart little two year old!

Now if only I could get him to want to go to nursery. When he started going at 18 months old, he was in nursery with Crew, so it wasn't a big deal for him at all. Then Crew went to Sunbeams in January, and he had a rough couple of weeks, but got over it pretty quickly. In April, around General Conference time, we also had stake conference and a couple of sick weeks, so he missed a month or so of nursery. Ever since then, taking him is awful. He's worse than any kid I've ever seen! He screams and kicks and pulls the ladies hair! I'm so embarrassed. He's always fine after a few minutes, but hates it at first. When it first started happening I thought he'd be fine after a few weeks, but not so much! Today the way they got him to calm down was a lady who came in to help out lives down the street from us and gave the boys pony rides a while ago, and she started talking to him about that and then he was fine as long as she was with him. Crazy boy! I can't believe he's supposed to be in Sunbeams in just a little over six months. He has a LONG way to go before he gets there!

We love Drakey Baby for all his energy. I just hope the poor nursery leader doesn't end up with too many bald spots from him pulling it!

1 comment:

Janae said...

Thats crazy! I'm sorry. Don't worry about it to much I'm sure he'll get more independent and comfortable with the idea. After we moved to our new ward Jarom thought he was pretty funny and cool when the male nursery teacher said good bye to him and Jarom quickly jutted out his head and leaned in a little closer to him and said in a confident and declaring voice "Goodbye POO-POO!" It was one of my proud moments as a mother. I of course tried to convince Jarom to apologize and understand that no matter how funny he thought it might have been it just wasn't appropriate or nice. He wouldn't have any part of it so I took on the task of apologizing on his behalf. Luckily the teacher just said he'd been called worse with a smile. Fortunately Jarom is out of the obsession of calling everything Poo-poo. Boys can be wild...but all that spunk isn't necessarily bad when it comes to other avenues of thier lives. Love ya Jenn Hang in there.