Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekend in Lehi

Last weekend Tiffiny blessed her baby Michael. Rett had to stay home to be on the trouble truck, so the boys and I went down without him. Friday we were able to go out to Cedar Fort and visit with Grandpa and Grandma Cook. Then we got to go to a really fun concert with Teresa. The boys have never been to any kind of concert before, so it was fun to see them dance and stuff. It started a little late, and they got sleepy pretty quickly. But I am so glad we got to see Grandma Teresa and Grandpa and Grandma Cook even though it wasn't for very long.

We went to this random event in Lehi called Foam Days. Strange. The fire trucks shot foam all over in this park. My boys didn't really think it was that amazing. It kind of smelled funny and didn't feel good in your eyes. Besides the fact that there were so many people that it was a little overwhelming. But I guess we chock that up for a new experience we've never done before! This is Jarom Jones trying to decide if he should give a thumbs up or down and Crew a little foamy in the background.


We were missing my brother Jedediah and his family, so a couple of the cousins aren't here. But those that were there had a blast! We had Mahonri Jones, Drake Sage, Jarom Jones, Magdalena Frederickson, Crew Sage, Michael Frederickson, Samuel and Gabriel Frederickson, Emilynn Jones. The other two missing are boys as well! Girls are a little outnumbered in this cousin group!

We did have all the sisters in our family there again, which is great fun. We're a little crazy and all have that huge Wheeler smile. I'm so glad I got to spend some time with each of my sisters. They are all amazing! Jennifer Sage, Tiffiny Frederickson, Tierra Gallego, Janae Jones, Jolene Wheeler.

And Crew was the instigator of this huge water fight that started right as we were going to come home. It put us way behind our original plan to leave, but he had a blast, so it was ok. Here are Crew and Drake and Uncle Josh Jones. It started out with little squirt guns, but turned into cups and buckets and hoses.

I am so glad we were able to spend some time with grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins that Crew and Drake rarely get to see. I am glad we were able to see family that we do get to see more often. Family is so important to me and I am so grateful to have so many good family members in my children's lives. I feel blessed to know that they have great influences who would stop anything to help them with a problem, and who support them in their endeavors.

No comments: