Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yard Work

We've been working our tails off on our yard. It's coming...Slowly! I will tell you this much, we did not know how lucky we were to have the yard we did in our Saratoga Home. When we bought it the landscaping was completely done. And it was nice. But we will appreciate the sound of the sprinklers here a little more. Because we are working super hard to get them in ourselves! We rented a trencher and got the trenching done Saturday. And that was probably the easy part. Now we're working on the sprinkler pipe, valve boxes, and all that fun stuff.

We got some cool giant rocks hauled in and have some plans for where they will end up eventually.

I was super excited to see things start blooming in my garden. I have one squash plant with a blossoms, tomatoes, and peppers. It makes me happy inside to see something happening in the garden! YAY!



We're excited for one day when it's more maintenance and not so much install. But for now, we're getting some good calorie burn in! At least that's the positive we'll try to find :)

2 comments:

LassiterFamily said...

Jen your yard and rocks look amazing!!!!! You are doing such a great job! I am also envious of your garden. :0

Terrellee said...

What a lot of work but so worth it!