Friday, February 20, 2009

Jenn's Running!

Ok, so now that I've had two kids really close together, I've decided to get back into running. I ran long distance in high school and in college did some 5 and 10 k races. A few months back a bunch of girls in my neighborhood decided they wanted to do this relay together. It's called the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. It goes from Logan to Park City, a total of 180.5 miles. There are 12 girls on our team, and you each run 3 legs. Depending on which leg you run, your total would be 12-19 miles. It will probably take us 25-30 hours. You have two vans that drive you between exchange points. It sounds like a ton of fun. So, that race is in June. Then, I figured that since I would be training anyway, I wanted to try a 1/2 marathon. I've always thought in the back of my mind that I'd like to do a marathon at least once in my life, and figured this 1/2 would be a great start and give me an idea if I think I am capable of the full marathon. So, currently I am registered for the Ogden Half Marathon, May 16th and the Wasatch Back Relay, June 19th. Then, we'll see about the marathon. There's one in Logan in September that I'm considering. Anyway, I am really enjoying the running. I'm only up to 6 miles, so we'll keep you posted if I still enjoy it when I'm doing more. But, I intend to be amazing. At least as amazing as I can be! (I'm not fast. But it's still a goal I intend to achieve.) I'll keep you all posted on my training and races. Happy Running!

2 comments:

Mary T. said...

WOW!! You are AMAZING!!!

Kristol said...

Our neighbor did these races last year and said it was a blast! I am still trying to figure that out? But you get a high from it, and that's what motivates you. Good luck, Keep us posted.