Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Bro

Some of you know my brother Josh, and the rest of you have just heard me talk about him. He was in a motorcycle accident three years ago and is paralyzed from the waist down. He was always an athlete, but has become even more amazing! He started playing murder ball for a local team, the Utah Scorpions, a couple of years ago, and now is on the USA Quad Rugby team. And we're all hoping that he makes the 2012 Olympic team! He has the most positive attitude about life, and is always smiling. He is one of my biggest heros. And I don't tell him enough how much I admire and love him.

SO, next week I'm running my first marathon. And I'm hoping, if he can work it out, it will be his first marathon too. Yes, I know, his time will beat mine by about 3 hours, but it would be cool to say that we both ran it and it was our first marathon. He's my inspiration behind the whole thing. I mean, if he can be amazing and positive and happy in a wheelchair, shouldn't I be able to run 26.2 miles? That's the plan anyway! And yes, I am getting more scared each day it gets closer! I think the heat might kill me. But I'm bound and determined to do it. But for real, he's one of the main reasons I'm running this marathon.

Here's a link to a pretty cool video of him. It made me both cry and laugh! Check it out if you have a minute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3plw0tddE

No comments: