So, we've been kind of boring lately. There's not much that's new.
Rett is back in the work mode. He's starting a new "job" that will be out here in Saratoga moving a line from the sub that will be three months long. He's really not excited for it. I think he'd rather be different places every day, seeing more than just Redwood Road. But, what can you do. I think during this day in age, we are just grateful that he has such a great, stable job! I just feel awful that he has to work in the hot outside all day long! Poor guy! He hates going out to do anything because he has to be in the heat all day at work. But he's really looking forward to the elk hunt, which starts the middle of next month!
I am working at Costco on Mondays only. And I really like that. Although, some days being at work would be much easier than being home with the boys and we're starting to feel the crunch from losing my income, I feel like it's where I'm supposed to be and wouldn't trade even the hardest of days. I am less than two weeks away from my first marathon. Which is starting to scare me pretty bad. I was very positive about the idea until I had some trouble with my knee and had to take a couple of weeks off and it kind of messed up my training schedule. So, I'm determined to finish the marathon. But I'm worried I may not be able to get in under my original goal of 4 hours. We'll just have to wait and see. I've decided it is fine with whatever time. As long as I finish the crazy thing! Who's bright idea was it to sign up for this thing?
Crew is going through the hardest fit thing right now. It's really annoying. He'll scream bloody murder for over half an hour! And sometimes it really is set off by nothing. I think he's crazy. And I think the neighbors may call the cops on me for child abuse! I had to get out of the house one day while he was throwing a fit, and went down to the mail box, and it sounds awful from down there even! I know it must be hard being his age, but it's really hard being the mom too! Sometimes I wish I could throw fits like he does. I wonder what he'd think of that! Anyway, I'm hoping he grows out of it sooner rather than later, because I've been lucky and almost all of them have been at home. But it has gone on for 45 minutes a couple of times! And that's a long time to listen to the child scream! On the positive side of things, he is learning his colors and numbers really well. He talks non stop and asks questions about everything! He loves Cabelas, which he calls "Bellas". He is currently obsessed with drawing...only he asks who ever he's with to draw, pretty much all day long. His most requested drawing are elk, deer, bear, moose, horse, cow, dog, cat, people, and whatever he's learned about that day. Rett's actually a decent artist. He makes fun of my drawings. But Crew loves them! Crew is giving the best bear hugs ever! And he finally gives pretty normal kisses too!
Drake is officially all over the place. He's a very quick little crawler now. He pulls himself up onto everything! And he's even getting really good at stairs. He has learned to spit his food at me, which is really annoying. I've learned not to put my shirt on in the morning until I've fed him! I can't believe he's almost 1 year old! He's getting his own little personality. Which, much to our dismay, is pretty much like his brother! I love the energy they have. I just can't imagine how on earth mother's do it with more children! In the next couple of years, I think it will get a little harder. They already destroy things, when Drake's walking in a few months, I think I'll lose my mind. But hopefully they'll be really good buddies! Drake has the best smile ever! He loves to be held, he loves to crawl around, he loves crackers and any kind of food that his brother will share with him! He gets so excited when you walk in his room to get him out of his bed! He's standing up, just waiting, and then he gets this huge smile on his face! He is a sweet cuddly boy!
Life is good. I love being a stay at home mom. I am so grateful for a husband that works so hard to provide me that opportunity! He is so selfless and I can't say enough about what a great dad he is! I am so blessed to have three wonderful guys in my family! I love you Rett, Crew, and Drake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment