Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stockings and Dogs



So, three years ago I decided I wanted to make some stockings for Christmas. And I finished them enough so that we could use them that year for Christmas, but had planned on getting our names embroidered on them. And, I just did it! We used them for two years without names on them. But now, they are officially done!



My husband is an obsessive waterfowl hunter. So, I decided to make them so that they appealed to him! And yes, they are camouflage. But I still think they are pretty! Anyway, they are unique at least! But I am very excited to have them finished and hanging up. Oh, and yes, we did actually get one embroidered with our dogs name on it. I know, very sad, but Rett loves his Chief. The saddest part is, that we got our dog Bell right after we were married, so we've had her for over 7 years. Rett really wants a new dog to train and I feel like 3 dogs is way too much. So, he's trying to sell her. Poor girl. I feel bad when I really stop and think about it. She's been with us for so long. But, Rett doesn't even take her hunting anymore, he uses Chief, because Chief is a way better retriever. So, hopefully we'll find her a good home and she'll be happier there. Because Rett put a deposit down on a new puppy in Washington that will be ready in February. Two months to sell our sweet little Jezabell!



This turned into a long post, when all it was really supposed to be about was our stockings getting done! YAY for projects that finally get finished!

3 comments:

Mary T. said...

I LOVE your stocking hanger---did you make? I LOVE IT!!

Cool stockings!!

Bree said...

Ah, I'm sad you're getting rid of Bell! I hope you can find her a good home.
The stockings turned out cute!

Christian and Mindie said...

They look great...I wanted to do that one year but still haven't. After seeing yours I am motivated again!