Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wyoming and Martin's Cove

My family, including all of my siblings but Janae, met up in Wyoming for a camping trip. It was a blast. The cousins got to play and we got to spend some quality time together. 




Then we went to visit Martin's Cove. It was great to learn about the pioneer history and get to go on a little treck with the family. We are so spoiled is all I can say. Rett didn't get to make this trip with us, so I felt a little like a pioneer woman without any help. The boys did great though and I was grateful for all the help from the rest of the family. I am especially grateful for my pioneer heritage and all the pioneers who came west to gain the religious freedom they desired, so that we could have ours as well. I am grateful for their sacrifices and for their examples of strength. 

"It would be a wonderful thing if every Latter-day Saint knew the conversion stories of their forefathers. Whether or not you are a descendant of pioneers, the Mormon pioneer heritage of faith and sacrifice is your heritage. It is noble heritage of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
-William R. Walker-














No comments: