Drake woke up one day and told me he wanted to go potty on the toilet. Then he said he wanted to wear undies. And it's been a week and no accidents since that day! WHAT?? How lucky am I? I remember how awful it was with Crew. It seemed like I was setting the timer for days on end and asking him to go every 10 minutes and he still had tons of accidents. I remember he would get so sick of me asking him, that he'd yell at me and got really defiant about the whole thing. I remember wanting to pay someone to do it for me. So, it's been quite the opposite experience with Drake. I'm sure part of it is his big brother. They like to have Crew sit on the big toilet and Drake sit on the little toilet and go at the same time. It's silly, but it helps. I have tried a couple times with Drake, but just kind of lazily to see how close to being ready he was. No major pressure. But I had decided he wasn't ready, so didn't really worry about it. Then, a couple of weeks ago, diapers were on coupon at Costco, and I decided I should buy a box while they were a little better deal, and VIOLA! No need for them! And luckily we didn't even open them yet! YAY, YAY! That's a huge raise to get a kiddo out of diapers. And I'm so excited that it was so easy! What a smart little guy I have! We are so proud of Drake for being such a big boy!


I was trying to get him to do a thumbs up with the undies picture. (Thanks Grandma Teresa for the sweet Diego undies! He loves them!) But the thumb doesn't really work like that yet. I did get a cute smile though. And I tried to get him to do a thumbs down with a yucky face with the diaper, but again, not exactly as I had imagined, but still, a cute couple of pictures to show that we are DONE with DIAPERS!
And we can't forget the silly things he does. 2 pairs are better than one! Apparently! One under the pants, and one over the pants. Oh, and most of the character undies have the characters on the back, the bumb. The problem is that little boys want to SEE what's on their undies. SO, usually they are on backwards. And here is no exception. I'm not sure how comfy it is, but the sacrifice must be worth it, because here he has 2 pair on backwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment