Speaking of Crew and Drake, this is a story I just HAVE to tell!
In an effort to try to get to know some more people around here, as well as to get a change of pace from working out by myself and my videos, I have started attending a workout group at the church. They meet three days a week and they are pretty good workouts. Some days we do weight training, some days zumba, some days step, and other times a combination of different things. Anyway, there are a few ladies who come with kids, and we just let them run around and play in the gym while we are exercising. Friday there were only my boys and one other little boy right between the boys in age. They have had no real problems up until this day! Jake, the other boy, was playing on some metal pole stand things. Crew started over, and I can't be 100% sure, but I really think he was just going to check it out. Anyway, Jake didn't like whatever Crew did and he bit Crew really hard on the arm. Crew was hysterical about the whole thing. As soon as Drake heard Crew was crying he started running, full speed ahead at Jake. I'm not sure exactly what was going through his head, but I'm pretty sure if I hadn't stopped him, Jake would have been flattened from a football tackle and who knows what else! All I heard was Drake yelling in a really mean voice. I picked up on a few of the words "Kangaroo", "my brother", "don't hurt", and "stop" were the words I heard him say. I had completely ignored Crew and his crying and had to run for Drake. I'm so glad I got to him before Drake got to Jake. And of course Jake's mom felt terrible. I told her not to feel bad, that Crew was just being dramatic and would be fine. I was laughing, even though I knew I shouldn't have, but it was the funniest thing to see how mad Drake was at this poor little boy. Part of me was worried about his anger and retaliation, and on the other hand, I was glad he wanted to protect his big brother. I only wish I had a video camera and caught the look on Drakes face, him running full speed, and him yelling in his deep voice. It was priceless! Someone said to me once that having boys close together is nice because they can beat each other up, but won't ever let someone else beat on them. It really is true!
3 comments:
hahahaha!!! Oh that's too cute! Glad that Drake's looking out for his big brother. :-)
ps. The names turned out really cute!
The names are so cute and Drake is my hero! What a cutie to try and protect his brother! I love it!
That's so funny! I would have laughed too :)
Post a Comment