Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Janae!

My little sister Janae was probably my closest sibling growing up because she was just next to me in age, and I had brothers right older than me. I love all my siblings, but Janae and I played high school volleyball together, were involved in FFA leadership together, and did lot's of fun things together. Today is her birthday! And I found some sweet pictures I had to share of her! She's an amazing wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I wished we lived closer so we could spend more time together! She's so cool because she is so laid back and doesn't get worked up about little things or things that don't matter. When I am crying about something, she's very calm and collected and always has great perspective and advice. She's a super great mom of two cute little boys and a darling little girl. She's so fun to talk with and hang out with. What a great example she's always been to me. We may have accidentally gotten birth order switched. She's always been a little more mature than I was. She got married before I did. And had kids before I did. And it wasn't weird or rushed. She was just ready before me. And she is one of my hero's!

Here's Janae and I at her baby blessing!


And here we are getting ready for prom or some dance in high school.


And this is really the reason why I posted these! I was looking through my old pictures trying to find a picture of my Dad and I at my baptism for sharing time and I came across a bunch of these pictures. I was a freshman at Utah State and Janae came and spent a week with me. We played a lot and made her a dress for a dance. And apparently thought we were super funny to do our hair and makeup kind of wild! It reminded me though of how much fun it was to have a sister so close in age and reminded me of how much I miss her!


This is of Rett, Janae, and I at her wedding. She's so beautiful. And her husband Josh is super fun. They are so good for each other. And I hope they have the happiest life together, they deserve it!


So Janae, I hope you have the best birthday ever! And I hope you know how much I cherish the memories I have of us growing up together! I think you are an amazing woman! I love you tons!

1 comment:

Janae said...

okay Jenn! I forgive you for posting that terrible pic. But only because of all the super nice things you said of me! :) Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your post. after the computer crashing we've been gone so much that I haven't been able to get back on till now. THank you so much for being so thoughtful of me and my birthday! I love you tons! Thanks for all the fun memories and experiences growing up!