Monday, November 24, 2008

I Wanna Be Like Dad

It's funny how little kids really do want to be just like you. Not funny, in some ways, especially around adults with a potty mouth. (Our house, no way!) I have realized that even at a young age, you have to make sure you are being a good example. If only he wanted to use the toilet as badly as he wants to dress like us!



Crew decided yesterday, after we had him all ready for church, that he wanted to wear Dad's clothes to church. He found a shirt and a hat. And it's a good thing he didn't try pants, because that would have ended in a fit because he wouldn't have been able to make that work very well. Anyway, he found the shirt and hat and didn't want to take them off. It was really cute, so I had to take a picture.



This one is an older one of Crew wearing his Dad's cowboy boots. Yes, he loves the boots. Yesterday he found his pair of boots, which are still too big for him, and he wore them all day long. He gets really frustrated because he can't walk very well in them, but really wants to wear them. I had to hide them while he was sleeping!



Andy last, Crew really likes to stand on the toilet, lean onto the counter, and watch whatever it is that you are doing. If it's Mom, he wants to put on makeup. If it's Dad, he wants to shave!

The moral of the story is, watch out! Do what you want them to do, say what you want them to say, and dress like you want them to dress! Kids are really impressionable! BUT, I am grateful that Rett is such a good Dad, and would be happy to see Crew grow up just like his Dad! Well, maybe a little less potty mouth, just kidding Rett, we'll keep you just the way you are and hope for cleaner language for the next generation! Really, I love you Rett.

No comments: