Friday, September 4, 2009

Elk Hunt, SO Far...

So far, the elk hunt has been a ton of fun, and we've seen a lot, but not actually brought anything home. We're leaving today, and Rett has all of next week off, so from tonight until the 11th when the hunt closes, will be the hardest he's hunted. Hopefully he'll bring a big bull home! But we've seen a lot and had a lot of fun so far!

My mom was in town a couple weeks ago and watched the boys overnight so that I could hike my butt off with Rett while he hunted. It was a lot of fun. And I'll be honest, I was worried my old camo's wouldn't fit. I hadn't worn them since before I had the boys, but I was able to squeeze into them!! Thanks mom, it was so fun to go out with Rett!


These pictures are from Rett's Stealth Cams. This one's a little buck!


And it looks like a bear visited the water hole one night! Yikes!


And this cow elk was there for a long time, I think it took over 20 pictures of her, but the second one's kind of cute. She was splashing!




And this is what we're actually looking for! Only, he's not come in more than this one time!!




And this is Rett climbing the tree to check the cams. Isn't it kind of funny that he hauled all his work stuff up so that he could climb while he wasn't on the clock? Is this guy insane!?! No, really, it's cool that he was able to do it himself!


So, we're off again! This weekend we're taking the kids to Rett's mom's and he and I will be able to hunt together this weekend. We're picking up the boys on Sunday, and will head back down, but the boys and I will stay at the trailer for next week. Wish us luck! Hopefully we'll bring home a big one!

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

That's nice you and Rett get to spend some time together. Hope you have a great time!

Da Orem Pula's said...

Jenn you're my hero...You rock! That's some great bonding time...Good Luck Rett hope you get the BIG ONE!