Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Love my Journeyman Lineman!

Rett took his journeyman test on Saturday and passed!!! Yeah! This is a three and a half year program that he's been in. There's been book work and tests all along. And the final journeyman tests cover everything! That's worse than college, because you have finals that cover the semester only, but not the whole four years of classes and work! The last couple of months he's been studying like crazy! Going into work early all the time to study book work and going up to the pole yard after work to practice pole work. It was a lot of stress on him, took a lot of unpaid time away from the family, and was a little stressful for me too. He got 100% on both his written tests and did really well on his pole test! I was so happy and proud of him!



So now, we just wait and see where we end up. Ideally, I think we would like to stay here for a few more years. It would be nice to stay on a dock where there's the opportunity for overtime and save a little money. Rett has dreams of moving to Southern Idaho and buying a place with five acres or so. And I'm just happy wherever I am as long as I can be home with the boys. And some land would be awesome too! My little wild cowboys need a place to run around without disturbing others! Hopefully whenever we do get the chance to move, it will be a better time to sell a home and it'll be before Crew starts school.



This is the cake I made for Rett. It's so small because I was going to be making Drake's birthday cake too and if it's here, I'll eat it, so I figured it was better to just not have as much around the house. Anyway, I love watching "Cake Boss" and "Ace of Cakes" and "Ultimate Cake Off" and have dreams of making amazing cakes, but as you can tell, they are a little less awesome. But I still think it's cute!



Congrats Rett on passing your test! I am so proud of you and all you've done! I am so grateful for your hard work for our family! You really are the hardest working man I know! I love you!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats, Rett (and family since it has taken a lot of sacrificing by everyone to get to this point, I am sure!) Jenn - that cake is awesome! Great job!

The Redford Family said...

That is so AWESOME!!! A long time in waiting. I am sure you are so happy for him. So much stress gone instantly. Fabulous. All the hardwork paid off! Your cake is awesome..you did the person too? Great job! I understand about the making a small cake..I made a dessert on Friday that I have eaten 80% of it because Eric didn't like it. No more...next time I will cut it in half! Great idea. Congrats Rett!!!!!

Amy and Kris said...

The cake you made is so cute!!! You are very talented!! Congrats to Rett!!!

Teisha said...

Yeah! Congrats! okay, so I seriously love your cakes! You've got talent! Sadie loves Elmo, and I can't find a cute Elmo cake anywhere for her Birthday...got any ideas? I have incentives :)

Da Orem Pula's said...

Congratulations to Rett! All those long hours have finally paid off. Seriously your cakes are ROCKIN'. Anyway I hope for my selfishness you won't be moving anytime soon.