Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camping...Father's Day...Anniversary!

So, we've dedicated most of our summer to camping and scouting for elk for Rett's elk tag that he drew this August/September. We spent part of a week above Levan recently, and had a ton of fun!
Drake is, just like his brother, obsessed with "driving" the Rhino, or anything with a steering wheel for that matter.

Here we are finding firewood for the camp fire!

And here's roasting marshmallows for s'mores! Yummy! Crew was such a mess!

We spent hours on the rhino driving around. I don't think I've ever spent so much time riding. It was fun. And lucky for us, the boys love it too. The first night we went out looking around and we found quite a few deer. Crew had just woken up, when we stopped the Rhino to look at a little buck and we were trying to point it out to him. We would ask him if he saw it and he would calmly say yes, but we knew he didn't really. And sure enough when he did actually see it, it was the funniest thing. His eyes were HUGE and he got so excited. He held his arms out and started "shooting" the deer with sound effects and motions and everything. Rett and I were laughing so hard I cried. He is for sure his Daddy's outdoor boy!

Rett was a little nervous about this, so we got out and watched him go through. And he was on 3 wheels for a few seconds, so I was happy to have the boys and I out watching him! We went out on this crazy long ride with the boys one morning and got stuck in a storm. All of the sudden it was hailing really hard and the boys were not very happy about that. Rett and I both said that our cheeks got nailed with some hail and it really hurt, so I'm sure the boys were glad when we found a tree to park under and get out of it. After it stopped hailing and raining so bad, we were able to make it back to camp and get dry!

Crew, Drake, and I went on a little hike while Rett was napping one afternoon. It was fun, but you can't go very far with Crew. And there's no way I'm carrying both of them!

Speaking of napping...

Drake was really silly this day, he just kept laying his head down. Cute little guy!

And here's Rett glassing for elk. And of course, Crew can never be far away from his Daddy!

I was really trying to get the beautiful waterfall in the background of this picture, but was taking it myself, so it's not so great.

But, we had tons of fun and can't wait till the next camping trip this year. There will be many more to come, I'm sure!
I just finished the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay yesterday, and I feel really bad that I'm not that good of a wife on this Father's Day/7th Wedding Anniversary. I'm a little sore and really tired from the race. But, we've had a really good day just vegging together. And we plan on getting some alone time in the next couple of weeks to make up for such a lazy day.
I am so grateful for a husband who is the best Dad ever! Rett was so sweet to keep the boys while I went away with all the girls on my team. He really is the best Dad. He could watch hunting movies with Crew all day long, and both of them would have the best time. Drake LOVES his Dad playing with him. Rett can just walk up to Drake, and he gets the biggest smile on his cute little face. And I can't even tell you how much Crew idolizes his Father. Thanks Rett, for being such a great Dad! Thanks to all the other Dad's and father figures in my life! I am so lucky to have so many wonderful men who have taught me and helped me along! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

7 YEARS! I can't believe we've been married for 7 years today! It has flown by. And here we are with 2 great kids. I have had such a fun time since I've met Rett. My life couldn't have taken a better turn. From the pitiful days when I was working in the Albetson's Deli cutting meat and frying chicken, I am grateful, because that is where I met the love of my life! I'm so grateful for Rett coming in to buy some lunch meat. I know, it's truly a silly story, but now my life has been so blessed! And to have such a supportive and loving husband in my life is more than I ever dreamed it would be. Thank you Rett for being such a great husband and for the greatest 7 years of my life! I look forward to the many more great times to come! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RETT! I LOVE YOU!

Rett goes back to work tomorrow after about a month off from his surgeries. I'm sure it will be hard for Rett, but probably more for Crew, who has turned into the biggest Daddy's boy lately! I'm sure it will make for a fun week to come. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Da Orem Pula's said...

I'm gald the knee got better for you to do the relay. Gotta tell you that I miss you lots. Not just because I don't get to work with you but because I'm missing out on a really goodfriend. I'm glad the realy went well. Your hard work paid off. YOU DID IT!! Love you lots...Kisses to Crew and Drake.

Cara Sexton said...

Happy Anniversary!

Your boys are getting so big. Your trip looks like it was a blast!

We are lucky to have great dads in our kiddos life, aren't we? Great moms too! :)

Take care and thanks for sharing!

Cara Sexton said...

(Sorry, that's from me - Cara. I didn't realize my name wasn't in there!)

Bree said...

I love all the pictures Jenn! Looks like you guys had a really eventful weekend! Miss you guys! :-)