Sunday, June 7, 2009

Random Recent Pics

So, lately we've done a few little family trips. And then I had some random pictures that I thought were super cute.

We went to a war plane museum. Crew loved watching the airplanes fly by us. And Rett and Crew even got to climb up into one.



Then we visited Hell's Canyon. It wasn't really planned, but we got dropped after the first round of a hunt test and decided that since we were near, we may as well drive through it. Only, you can't really make a loop like we thought it looked like you could on the map. Rett was tired, I was sick of the kids, and the kids were not loving the long drive. But I must say it was amazing scenery and the view was beautiful.



Then we attended Seth's graduation. (Rett's little brother.) It was fun to see that Seth has finally made it. But I don't remember my graduation being so long. Yes, partly because we only had 23 kids and his class was something like 550, but they did a lot of random things at his graduation. All of which would have been great, had it not been for the two children we were trying to entertain! Anyway, Congrats Seth!



Also, my youngest sister graduated this year. We weren't able to make it out to her graduation, but I heard she got the giggles and a guest speaker even made a comment about it. But we're proud of you too Tierra. And we're sorry we missed it! When we went out in April, we were there for her surprise 18th birthday with all the family. It was tons of fun to see her. We love you girlie!



Crew really does idolize his Dad! It's so funny the things that he tries to do to be just like his Dad. But this day, I couldn't stop laughing. He seriously grabbed a magazine about dogs and laid down by his Dad and started looking at it. I thought it would only last a few seconds, but he actually laid there like that for like five minutes, which for Crew, is a really long time!



And you have to love the olives! I was trying to make dinner and Crew was bugging me so I decided to stick the olives on for him. And then it just distracted me! Oh well, it was funny!



While we were in Idaho recently we got to spend some time with some good friends who have helped Rett with Chief and the retriever training stuff. Thank you Mark and Gail for being so hospitable and sharing your wealth of knowledge with us! Crew got to go on a tractor ride with Mark while we were there. He sees or plays with a tractor now and says "Marky ride". The kid really just doesn't forget things. Anyway, he had fun and we are so grateful for good friends that humor our crazy little guys! Rett's still off work from his surgeries. He'll find out Tuesday when he can go back to work. It's been really fun having him home, but it's screwed up our schedule. I think he's getting pretty bored too. And I have a knee injury going on right now, so I'm hoping it clears up really soon, since my relay is in less than two weeks. Nothing too serious, I just woke up one morning and it was hugely swollen. There's nothing really wrong with it, the Dr. said just over use. So, I'm icing it and hoping it gets better quickly. Today is the first day in four days that you can ALMOST see that I have a knee cap! Thanks to all who let me call and whine about how mad I am at my stupid knee for getting swollen at this point in the game after six months of really grueling training! I appreciate your understanding and listening to me because I know you've got lot's better things to do! That's the update on the Sage family.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Whew...you have done a lot in the last little bit. I loved the update! I hope your knee gets feeling better so you will be ready for your race! You have such a cute family!