
Crew is a wild child. And I am ok with that. I'm glad that he has a lot of energy and is all boy. I'm glad that when he's happy, he's really happy and excited. I'm glad that he loves to play and has a lot of energy. Because some day I hope that energy is spent on something that will make him very successful. But nursery is just really hard when he pushes other kids down all day long. A couple of weeks ago he even gave a little girl a bloody lip from trying to wrestle with her. (Actually, I'm not really sure. The sweet nursery leaders may have just said he was trying to wrestle to help me feel better! Because they really are nice about it.) Anyway, she had blood all over! And it was from my son! I actually came home from church crying today! I know, what a baby! I just can't help but feel like people think it's my fault that my kid is so out of control! And it's just really embarrassing!
I know no one actually thinks it, but I feel like I'm a horrible mom. I can't get Crew to be calmer or nicer. I've tried everything short of beating the poor kid. And it seems like no matter what I do, I feel guilty for it. Rett said that Crew needs more play dates to help him be nicer, but really, do I want him to be mean to kids even more than he already is? And it's not like other parents want the mean one to come for a play date! I know there are plenty of other moms going through the same thing, so I thought I'd just whine about it a little! People wonder why I like to run, well, Crew is the answer. It's time away from the crazy, guilty stuff! Anyway, being a mom is really hard some days! But always worth it!
Poor Drake, he puts up with a lot from his big brother!! Every day, at least 10 times a day, Crew wrestles with, rolls over, pulls him by his legs, hits, kicks, lays on, pushes his head down, covers him in blankets, puts him in head locks, jumps on him, takes his food away, and is way too rough with him! But he also gives Drake really good hugs and kisses. And nothing is cuter than when I go into Drake's room in the morning and Crew follows me and says "Morning Drakey" in his really bad pronunciation!
I love Crew. I love him more than anything! He is sweet and cuddly every once in a while. I love that he gives the best bear hugs ever! And I love to watch him with his Daddy and his little brother Drake. I love that he has energy that keeps me going. I love that he is super cute. And that he has these big brown eyes. And a smile that could melt anyones heart! Thanks for teaching me so much! I love you Crew!
4 comments:
So here's the deal....
My little Casey is bully too. In fact he loves nothing more than to tease and irritate others. I've learned that the best thing I can do is to do to him what he does to others. If he bites, I bite him. If he hits, I hit him. If he teases I tease him back. When he gets upset with me doing this I explain that it hurts others too and it's no fun when he acts like that. Then I go in the other room and drink my diet pepsi and either laugh or cry, depending on the day. I also think to myself, Why in the hell am I having another one?
Those pics are so funny! I'm sure he'll grow out of it...he's just being a boy!
Every kid has their own personality. I just look at my own girls and even though they are the same age they are so different and I feel like I have to parent them differently too.
Crew does have a great smile! They had me take photos of all the kids in nursery so we can make name cards for them like the senior nursery has. Crew cracked me up when I asked him to smile for the camera. He gave me a tough guy face instead. It makes me laugh!
Hang in there -- you are NOT a horrible mom. Kids have personalities and some are more aggressive than other. In our case, it's my daughter, and she can be sweet as pie one minute and an absolute terror the next. It's easy to think its something we did, but the best we can do is love them and show them the right way to behave and hope that something gets through. The smiles on your family's faces make it plain that you are a great mom who is just doing the best you can, as we all seem to be!
I try to remind myself that as difficult as Kenna can be at this stage, I believe her spirit will serve her well as an adult, and it will contribute to her becoming the person she is meant to be... if we both survive that long! :)
Hang in there, you're doing an awesome job!
~Cara
Post a Comment