Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rett's Knee Surgery

Rett had his knee surgery on Monday. It was just a scope to clean up an old miniscus tear, but it will still keep him from work for 3 weeks. THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my friend and neighbor Michelle for watching the boys while I took Rett. It made it so much nicer to not be worrying or chasing them around!

Anyway, all went well and he is doing pretty well today. He was already bored though and tried to clean out the shed. After an hour or so, he came in and said that his knee was hurting. Well, probably because you've been walking on it the day after surgery. He just can't stand to lay around and watch tv or movies for even a whole day, let alone a few days!

We rented crutches just in case Rett needed them, (A steal of a deal, $1.00 a week from Taylor Drug in AF!) He was only using one crutch just mainly the first day to hobble around with, so Crew decided that he would use the other crutch. When we were getting ready to eat dinner yesterday, (THANK YOU, THANK YOU to our friend and neighbor Shauna for making us dinner! IT was so nice not to have to think about it especially since I think my really early morning for the 1/2 marathon was catching up last night! And it was super yummy!) Rett leaned his on the counter and Crew did the same and then pointed at one and said "Daddy" and at the other and said "Boo". (He can't say Crew, it sounds like Boo! Sad, I know! Let's hope he grows out of that one!) It was really funny. Rett and I both busted up laughing. It really doesn't sound as funny on here, but we thought it was.





Crew isn't the best at being soft with Rett's knee, but he's LOVING having his Daddy home! Thanks again for everyone who's helped us out! I really have the best friends and neighbors! You guys are the BEST!

1 comment:

Bree said...

I hope that Rett's still feeling well!
I love the pics of Crew, I miss him!!!