Friday, May 29, 2009
20 Miles...
IS A VERY LONG WAY!!! I can hardly believe it, but I ran 20 miles tonight! And thanks to some great running friends, it wasn't as boring as my 18 last week! It makes a huge difference to run with someone. Two girls ran with me for the first 5 miles, and then another for the next 5ish, so I really only ran half of it myself, and I can't believe how less bored I was! Anyway, I am so proud of myself for doing the training for the marathon! I'm getting so close! And I can't wait for it to be here. Honestly, because I can't wait to be done with these really long runs! Yeah, I know, it's a very long time to run, but after 8 I think it's really all the same. Good news is, my watch says I burned 2212 calories, so you'd better believe that at my brother-in-laws graduation dinner tomorrow, I'm eating whatever I want and however much of it that I want to! They take so much time away from my family it makes me sad. But, it's a goal I set, and I wait until after Drake goes to bed and Crew is on his way to bed (which means from 8 or 8:30 until 11 or 12!). So, I hope my family doesn't resent me for taking time from them. I am really excited for the race though, and for the pressure of the training to be over so I can get back to my casual running for an hour or less whenever I want to!!! And this is my last really long run until after the Wasatch Back! So I'm really glad about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You really are amazing!! Good luck with all of the training and the races. My cousin's husband has done the Wasatch Back race for the past 2 years. He runs with his friend, Chris Williams, whose wife and several kids were killed in a car crash a few years ago.
You're my hero! :)
That's freakin' awsome.
I can't even FATHOM running 20 miles!!! You are one amazing girl!!!!
You are so ready for a marathon after running 20 miles! You own it girl!
Wow! I'm so impressed! I can't even imagine walking 20 miles! I'm so glad you have a blog cause now I can keep in touch! Good to see you!
Post a Comment